Egress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

you don't have to do this ;; alessi

3 posters

Egress :: Volara :: Egress :: Ptolemy :: Sortiel

Go down

you don't have to do this ;; alessi Empty you don't have to do this ;; alessi

Post by Isadora Egress Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:31 pm

It was well known that the young lord, Xanthos Voclain, was the most eligible bachelor of Volara. He was smart, handsome, diplomatic, and dedicated to his empress. He was a perfect little lord and he was perfect for Isadora's daughter. Not only was he loyal to the royal family, but a marriage between him and Alessi would make the bond between the houses stronger, and Isadora's military stronger.

She didn't want to do it. She knew what came out of forced marriages. She didn't want to put her daughter through the same torture that she herself endured for ten years. It was Fenec who had convinced her otherwise. He was always finding ways to convince her to do things she didn't want to. However, Isadora decided that she would give her daughter a choice. If Xanthos turned out to be a monster like Isadora's first husband, then she would see to it that he died from "unforeseen circumstances."

Isadora made her way down the long halls of the palace, toward her daughters chambers, her long, dark red gown flowing behind her. Her personal guard, Fraden, trailing not too far behind. Fraden was an intimidating man, tall and muscular, with a brutish face that always wore an expression of what seemed like anger. He had been Isadora's personal guard since she was a teenager. Her long dreads were up in a large bun atop her head, and she wore golden hoop earrings that gently bounced off her cheeks as she walked.

She barely glanced at the guard stationed outside of her daughters chambers when she arrived. It was hard not to scrunch her nose in disgust toward the boy. An ascar, of all people! Another thing that Fenec had convinced her to approve of. She didn't even know the boys name, she didn't care to know. She wrapped gently on the large, intricately decorated doors with her knuckles. "Alessi, darling," she called. "Can I come in?"

Isadora Egress

Back to top Go down

you don't have to do this ;; alessi Empty Re: you don't have to do this ;; alessi

Post by Alessi Egress Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:46 pm

Ever since Alessi had decided on plans for the garden, her free time in the evening was spent researching crops. Alessi was nose deep in a chapter about, of all things, dirt, when her mother knocked on her door.

Despite not doing anything wrong, her back shot straight up. It wasn’t often her mother visited her rooms unscheduled. Days of an empress didn’t allow for it.

Rhys has been perfectly quiet the last few days, but she wondered how he was feeling out there now, next to Empress Isadora of House Egress. Alessi frowned.

“Come in, Mother,” she called, closing the book and standing.

Alessi Egress

Back to top Go down

you don't have to do this ;; alessi Empty Re: you don't have to do this ;; alessi

Post by Isadora Egress Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:25 pm

Without another glance toward the ascar, Isadora entered the room once her daughter called out to her. She smiled at her lovely daughter as she practically floated inside, and pulled her into a tight embrace. As cold as the empress was, her daughter always made the ice melt away.

“I’ve missed you, sweet girl!” Isadora cooed. “I’m so sorry I haven’t seen you these last few days!”

Isadora had been busy with her usual duties of course, but now she was preparing for a potential son-in-law. She gathered her gown before gracefully sitting on a nearby chaise lounge, then patted the empty space beside her, wanting her daughter to sit with her.

“I have something important to share with you,” she exclaimed, sounding a little too enthusiastic. “But I want to hear about what you’ve been up to!”

Isadora Egress

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessi Egress Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:36 am

Alessi day next to her mother. “Yes?” she asked, wondering what could have brought her mother to her chambers like this. But before responding, her mother changed the subject, piquing Alessi’s interest even more. She sat through the formalities, though, and indulged her mother.

“I’ve just been working on the garden,” she said cheerfully. “Fenec was so happy I started work on it. I hope I can make it as beautiful as it once was.” She still had not told anyone, save Rhys, her true plans—to make it into a vegetable garden instead of a flowering one. Something with purpose.

Alessi Egress

Back to top Go down

Post by Isadora Egress Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:37 pm

Isadora frowned at the mention of the garden. She remembered that garden well. When she, Fenec, and Coen were all young they use to play there. The three of them had spent many hours among the rose bushes and fruit trees. Now all it held was ugly, overgrown vines, and painful memories. She pushed those memories away and smiled at her daughter. Maybe Alessi could make it into something new and even more beautiful! Maybe Isadora could make new memories there, with her daughter.

“That’s wonderful!” She exclaimed. “I’ll have to come down and see what you’ve done with it, once you’ve had more time with it, of course.”

Isadora sighed after a moment. She wanted to continue talking about other things, but she needed to stop wasting time, and just spit it out.

“We’re expecting a visitor soon,” she said, rather hesitantly. “The young lord, Xanthos Voclain.”

She paused for a moment, gauging her daughters reaction. She studied Alessi’s face, waiting for any negative expressions. Though they hadn’t talked about it a lot, she was sure she had mentioned him in passing. Alessi understood her duties as princess, no matter how unfavorable they may be.

“He’s coming to ask your hand in marriage,” she finally finished.

Isadora Egress

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:34 pm

The last thing Alessi wanted was for her mother to visit the garden. Not before it was finished, at least. She was about to express her thoughts when the empress mentioned Xanthos. Alessi paused. She’d always known this was coming, of course. That she would need a political marriage. And Alessi did want to do what was best for the empire...

She smiled. “I can’t wait,” she said. Her voice was not as unsure as she felt, and Alessi was grateful. “I’ve been looking forward to this, Mother. To serving the empire. If he is who is best suited to serve with me, I am excited to meet him.” It wasn’t untrue, and perhaps that was why the words came so easily. It was just...she’d thought she had more time. She’d barely done anything for Volara. She wanted to do more, to do it all. But perhaps getting married first was the for the best. Maybe after she had a husband the council would listen more closely to her words.

Admin
Admin

https://egress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessi Egress Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:36 pm

The last thing Alessi wanted was for her mother to visit the garden. Not before it was finished, at least. She was about to express her thoughts when the empress mentioned Xanthos. Alessi paused. She’d always known this was coming, of course. That she would need a political marriage. And Alessi did want to do what was best for the empire...

She smiled. “I can’t wait,” she said. Her voice was not as unsure as she felt, and Alessi was grateful. “I’ve been looking forward to this, Mother. To serving the empire. If he is who is best suited to serve with me, I am excited to meet him.” It wasn’t untrue, and perhaps that was why the words came so easily. It was just...she’d thought she had more time. She’d barely done anything for Volara. She wanted to do more, to do it all. But perhaps getting married first was the for the best. Maybe after she had a husband the council would listen more closely to her words.

Alessi Egress

Back to top Go down

Post by Isadora Egress Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:17 pm

Isadora frowned at her daughter. Though it made her so proud that the princess was so eager to please her mother and the empire, it still worried her. What if Xanthos really did turn out like the empresses first husband? What if Alessi was so loyal to the empire that she was willing to put up with the abuse?

"You don't have to do this my sweet," she said, while tucking Alessi's curls behind her ear. "I know you want to please me, and to do what's right for the empire but..."

Isadora trailed off, not sure of what else to say.

Isadora Egress

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down